Saturday, March 20, 2010

Kite Flying with Chloe

I can't believe I'm going to write "gorgeous spring day in Maine" and "March" in the same sentance... but I am! We've had beautiful weather up here for the last few days, and everyone's surprised... mom even saw the first blackfly yesterday!! We drove to Union (my hometown) in the afternoon, and when Ollie woke up from his nap in the car (the only place he naps at all now), Chloe found this fantastic kite she'd brought back with her from a trip to China. Pretty much the coolest kite ever. In her typical enterprising way, she fashioned a spool of string from various "found objects," and off we went into her big front field. The kite took off right away, as it's made of lots of tiny bits that hardly weigh anything at all; Ollie loved running back and forth with it, and he did a good job of keeping track of the string. I can't think of a nicer way to spend a sunny afternoon in Maine.

No comments: