Sunday, November 14, 2010

All The Leaves Are Gone...

... but thankfully, the sky is NOT gray most of the time! We've had a gorgeous weekend, temps just over 60, sunny skies and crisp air - we did our first and last raking of the season! Our method is simple and foolproof: wait till ALL the leaves fall, and the wind has blown lots of them away, then (and only then) commence raking. They had blown into two smallish areas of our yard, pretty easy job, then Andy and Ollie mowed the whole yard to get the stragglers. I especially don't get leaf blowers - I SWEAR I can rake any yard in a fraction of the time that someone needs to do the same with a leaf blower. I think it's a guy thing - it makes tons of noise and blows the crap out of everything - what could be better? I think I may have swayed Andy on this one; he used it today for about 2 minutes before switching back to the rake. :-)

We're four-season walkers at Kittatinny State Park... the leaves may be gone now, but this warm weekend has pushed back winter in our minds - can Christmas really be just a few weeks away?? Ollie's very excited for snow.

No comments: