Saturday, May 7, 2011

First Flower Garden


So, my fantastically talented mother and mother-in-law, both long-time gardeners, have always been great examples of what "could be" if I was at all inclinded towards gardening. They have been remarkably patient and non-judgemental about my lack of a green thumb. I am happy to report that Oliver's new enthusiasm about how plants grow has rubbed off on me, and together we planted our very first flower garden!!! We took a trip together to a local garden center (Fullerton's, what a great place!!) and chose the flowers, taking special care to find some that the dozens of roaming deer here won't be interested in, then got to work. As you can see, it is a very small garden, indeed! But I'm very, very proud of it, and so is Oliver, who enjoyed every minute of the process. He has since finished off this great project by repainting the entire mailbox post and flowerbox, with his daddy's help. We both enjoy watering the flowers, and it's extra nice getting the mail now. :-)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Very nice short post :) brought back memories of the landscaping project i had done for my school, it was hard work but lots of fun :)

if you time, check out my blog?
rmfantalk.blogspot.com

thanks

Steph Cork said...

I love the look of your blog. It's so calmly energetic :)

I'm still designing mine, so I love to look up random blogs, and this one brought me some peace and smiles.

StephCork