Sunday, April 29, 2012

Sunny Sunday

So -- a day and a half after Andy got back from yet another trip to Germany, he set off on the 40-mile bike race out of Mt. Arlington, and beat his own record by 11 minutes!  The weather has been so much better this year, he's had a lot more time to get out and ride... and he's also super motivated since this year he's also doing the Gran Fondo out of New York City in May.  We greeted him at Mt. Arlington Park with the Union Jack flying and lots of cheering.  After that we decided to pack a little picnic lunch and take our favorite walk along Lake Aeroflex at Kittatinny State Park... only ONE plane took off while we were there, which I guess is better than nothing!  When I got back home I posted on facebook this photo of me with the kids, and so many of my friends freaked out with "Oh my god! You look great!" because lots of them haven't seen me since I lost weight (for the sake of historical documentation, as of today I've lost 26 pounds).  It's all very flattering, but I did choose the MOST flattering shot out of about 5 photos.  Anyway, what a gorgeous day, couldn't have been nicer.

No comments: