Thursday, November 29, 2007

Who'd A Thunk?

A few surprises today... first of all, since the carpenters were here working on our new bookcase, I was worried that O wouldn't nap at all because of all the noise. But he fell asleep in our bed for his usual morning nap, and slept there a full hour, through tons of hammering, crazy loud random noise machines, endless slamming doors, the works. So I apologize to all the grandparents for giving them a hard time for being SO NOISY (!! as if) - Oliver doesn't seem to care at all! His nap was even longer than usual, in fact, although staying in the big bed might have made a difference.

Later in the day, after they left and the entire living room (and new sofa) were coated in a considerable layer of dust from the sanding they did, I vacuumed it as best I could, and discovered that Oliver apparently hates vacuums! He cried the whole time!!

Then he had a great big dinner - an entire banana (cut up small), a huge portion of my homemade chicken tarragon soup (see, I'm trying to be a good soup-maker now!), and a whole portion of pear. I think he would have gone on all night... I was really surprised about the soup, he kept just opening his mouth wide for more. As I write this, he's taking his pear out of his mouth and squeezing it in his hand to produce a special minced/squashed pear delicacy that he likes even more than the original.

Off to bed soon! Steven and Alison are flying in tonight for a week-long visit - so exciting!! Oliver will have so much fun he won't even know what to think!

1 comment:

Patty said...

Haurmph. Apology accepted. Will be sure to slam lots of doors in future. I love reading O's blog!! xoxoxoxox