Friday, April 4, 2008

New workout: Step Obstacle Aerobics

So, today I started a new fitness regimine! And I'm writing about it in the blog, so it must be real. I pulled out the old step platform, and the Step Reebok video, got new sneakers (can't find my old ones!), got mentally "ready," got dressed this morning in my workout gear, poured a big glass of cold water... the only unknown was how Oliver would react to his mom jumping around the living room and not paying any attention to him.

It started out great - he literally laughed at first, thought it was funny to see me stepping up and down on this thing, waving my arms around. But pretty soon, he realized I wasn't going to stop and give him kisses every two minutes, or pick him up, or play with him... so he tried all kinds of tricks. He played with his toys nearby so I had to be careful not to step on them/him. He cried for me, raising his arms up to be held. He sat on the step platform. He went into the china cabinet and brought me a bottle of vodka (yes, really). He attempted to hold onto my feet and legs as I stepped (many times). He climbed all over the step so I had to find creative ways to follow the routine while not stomping on his hands. He cried pitifully for his mommy. But she soldiered on, and he survived! I think after a few more times, he'll get the hang of it, and know that his mommy will be at his beck and call again after just 45 minutes!

2 comments:

Patty said...

LOL - Great image - Oliver bringing you vodka and all those other highjinks. Little monker. Now Granny Patty has to start stepping again too.....

Unknown said...

Hello Gillian,Andrew and Family , thanks for the lovely photos of Ollie , he looks very Bonny indeed !We have had a Cheshire muddy spell too but now the sun is out and everything is growing like mad.
We sit out till 10.00P.M. watching the Bats and our friendly neighbourhood Owl some nights now as it doesn't go dark until about 10:30./11:00
Off to Manx soon to stay with Michelle so will email you properly as soon as we can.Sorry we have been so busy , as you have too!
Look after Yourselves , Ian and Allie