Sunday, October 24, 2010

Matzo

I don't think I've ever posted a photo of our cat, and since the blog exists partly as a way for us to look back on our lives in years to come and remember the good, the bad, and the furry (Andy would use other adjectives to describe Matzo) - I thought I'd better post a few now. Today we actually installed a new cat door to the basement, since the existing door did not meet with Matzo's exacting requirements (the new one has a soft flap; the old one had a hard plastic flap). We're hoping that he'll deign to use it so we won't have to leave the entire door open at night, wasting lots of good woodstove heat. Another reason for posting photos is that many of our friends think we may have an "imaginary cat," since they never see him... he goes into deep hiding when there are strangers around, although he has been known to make appearances. He's actually in deep hiding a lot - but as soon as the kids are napping or asleep at night, he appears, happy and meowing for his dinner. He's MOST happy when Andy is away on business, and he has me all to himself. He may seem standoffish if you don't know him, but when it's just me and him, he's so cuddley and sweet. I love you, Matzo.

No comments: