Tuesday, December 21, 2010

First Big-Girl Haircut

My post on October 19, 2010 is called "Boy Cut," and I was chastising myself for giving Maddie the same haircut that I always gave Ollie. I thought, "Never again!" I'll take her to a real hair salon, and she'll get a girly cut. So that was my mission when we went to Snip-Its in Rockaway a week or so ago. As you can see from photo 1, she wasn't too pleased with this idea at the beginning. She cried a bit, but at least she pretty much stayed in one place. The lollipop helped a lot (photo 2). By the end, she sat resignedly in the seat, just waiting for the ordeal to be over. She looks quite dashing in her "after" shot, especially in her super snazzy outfit, for which I got a lot of amused comments on facebook! But she was wearing a cute sweatshirt over that top for most of the day, I promise. Anyway, by the time I got home I realized that it was actually a really BAD haircut - pretty much a blunt bowl cut that made her look Amish. I spent the rest of the day chasing her around with scissors, trimming a little bit here and there to get the hair off her ears. She's back to the boy cut, which looks incredibly cute on her, and I've learned my lesson: for now at least, Mommy's haircuts are just fine.

No comments: