Tuesday, December 21, 2010

One Busy Day

This year, the big Christmas party for the "Moms Around the Lake" group I'm in fell *exactly* at the same time as my Messiah concert, and I was really bummed! It's a great party - so many families and friends there, including all the dads, a huge potluck dinner, and even Santa comes! So I was actually a little bit pleased that we couldn't find a babysitter to watch the kids, which freed up Andy to take them to the party rather than attend my concert. They had a lot of fun, although Maddie had a royal freak-fest when she saw Santa, and apparently it took her ages to calm down. Nor did the kids eat anything at all, despite there being enough food there to feed a gazillion people.

So, although I was sad to miss the party, my Messiah concert with the New Jersey Conservatory was FANTASTIC!! We sang our hearts out, and by the end of "Worthy is the Lamb," I actually started crying, it was so beautiful and AWESOME. Here's a teeny tiny photo of me with my pearl-bedecked choir buddies, Laura and Lora... I took this with my new phone and I'm not sure why it's so tiny. Anyway, what a concert. So good!

No comments: