Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Happy Birthday, Granddaddy!!

It's always easy for me to remember how old my dad is, because his birthday is only 4 days before mine, and he was thirty when I was born, so I always just have to add 30 to my own age! Andy had to head off to England and Germany after our long Memorial Day weekend here, but I stayed on with the kids... and dad's birthday fell on Wednesday, the day before we went back to NJ. It was a regular workday for him, unfortunately, but we all got together after work for a great dinner at the Dip Net on Port Clyde harbor. We all had the baked stuffed haddock, which was pretty good, but the cajun spiced maine shrimp appetizer was fantastic. I think it's best to stick with the excellent fried seafood there, generally. I vote for Cod End in Tenants Harbor any day, especially since it isn't owned by Linda Bean. :-) It was a bit chilly as the sun set, but we were just SO happy to be there on the harbor on a lovely evening, and the kids adored running back and forth to the "lobster tub" to watch the live lobsters inside crawling around. Maddie was mesmerized. It's a wonderful thing going out to eat in a place where the kids don't have to sit in their seats the whole time. After dinner we all went back to our house to enjoy huge, ridiculous pieces of birthday cake - a cake given to dad by his colleagues at the hospital. Yum! Frosting overload. Dad was super excited to receive a handmade card from Ollie, featuring a striped and spotted pteradactyl, signed by the artist himself. He was possibly even MORE excited about his present from Andy and me and the kids - a panini press! Pretty much beside himself with glee. Bring on the paninis! We love you, Dad, soooooo very much.

1 comment:

hapi said...

Hi Gillian, Nice blog you got here! try visit my new post: Blog SEO Tutorial: How to Choose the Best Title For Post. I hope you will learn something from it. Have a great day!