Friday, June 10, 2011

I Love You More Today Than YESTERDAY!!

Today is Andy and my 5th wedding anniversary! 5 years ago today, sweetie, it was a foggy and rainy day in Maine, but we could only smile. And it's true, I love you more every day. You are a man among men, and if anyone wonders how I know this is true, I might ask them: How many men do you know that love to cook dinners all weekend long? That get up on a Saturday morning at 6am to go on a 60-mile bike ride? That make a point of keeping in touch with old friends across the world from them? That like to make lists of things to accomplish over the weekend, rather than wait for "instructions" on what needs to be done? That iron their own shirts (beautifully)? That make life so much cooler for their kids (bat watching, camping, crazy dancing, the story of the Burning Bowl, "thinking about things")? That make their wife feel like a friend and a goddess, all at once? This is the short list of the many, many things I treasure in you.

I decided on a whim today that it would be fun to greet Andy -- just returning from a work trip to Germany -- in my wedding dress. I wasn't really going to, but when I mentioned it to Ollie, he said, "You should do it, Mommy!" So of course, I had to. It hangs in my closet on a hanger, unceremoniously, in a clear plastic zipper bag... I like it that way, because I get to see it every day! So out it came, on it went, until I realized that I couldn't zip it on my own, and Ollie couldn't manage either. While Maddie napped, Ollie and I trudged next door and rang Maureen's doorbell, and thankfully she was home! She got such a kick out of it, and (miracle of miracles), she managed to zip it! No room to spare, let's just say. I'm going for a loose fit on my 10th wedding anniversary.

So sweetie -- "Yes, I love technology. But not as much as you, you see. Always and forever. Always and forever."

No comments: