Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Soulshine Boy

It's not every day that you get an email that makes you smile inside and out. I'm posting this so that Oliver can look back in 20 years and have special insight into the kind of little boy he was. A very, very special boy indeed!!!! Last summer he was a camper at Soulshine Farm in Randolph, NJ for two short sessions, one in June and one in August. It's such a great place - each day is divided into three sections: arts, farm/garden, and yoga!! Ollie apparently made a big impression on them!!! Here's the email I received this morning:
**********
Hello Gillian and Oliver.... Hope your trip to the UK was delightful. I wanted you to know that Oliver, you were the topic of conversation today at camp...the conversation went like this. “Hey Miss Julie can you check when that boy named Oliver is coming? I hope he comes when I’m here, I wanted to show him my hat.” Another camper chimes in...“Yeah, I loved having Oliver here.” And a staff member...“I agree, it is not the same without Oliver.” No pressure, but we miss him! We’ve had a terrific start to camp and are enjoying the children so much....but it feels like someone is missing. All sessions are now full - but for Oliver, I will add an opening to any week he’d like to attend based on camper enthusiasm for his charming manner. You’ve raised one memorable child that others like to be around. Again, no pressure, just wanted to let you know we’re thinking about you. Smiles, Julie, campers and crew
PS I also have some scholarships left, so if it would be helpful for Oliver to come as our guest, he is welcome.
************
On trying days, Oliver, I will return to this and smile, again and again!! We love you!!! (Here's a photo of Ollie taken just a few days ago here in Maine, wearing his Soulshine Farm tshirt with pride!!)

No comments: