Monday, September 12, 2011

England 2011, Day 3: Buxton

Today was our first big excursion to Buxton, a nearby town that's much bigger than neighboring villages, and has loads of shops, a big, beautiful park, a famous opera house and arboretum -
a great place to spend a few hours.  Maddie wore her new yellow dress with navy blue tights, just as cute as a button.  One of our favorite new expressions of Maddie's is, "I'm a carry you!!"  Which translates to, "Carry me!" and always makes us smile.  We had lunch in a fancy cafe inside the pavillion, and I had wild mushroom and tarragon tagliatelli -- insanely delicious. 
After lots of time at the playpark, Andy and Carole took the kids back home and I got to stay on for a bit and do some shopping on my own!!  Very luxurious.  Later in the day, Andy headed out on his bike while Carole and I played
with the kids at home and then at the little Hayfield playpark.  This was definitely a night when Maurice was away, because for dinner we got Indian takeaway!!  Delicous.

No comments: