Sunday, September 4, 2011

Fish 1 and Fish 2!

Well, Ollie... recently you had a minor meltdown about how much you wanted a puppy, and I explained to you that puppies are a lot of work, and difficult to care for when you travel... but you were quite persisent.  Since Daddy was away in Germany, I was glad when he called during one such meltdown, and after I explained everything to him, he told me to give the phone to you.  You had a little conversation with Daddy, and your face brightened right up! When I got the phone back, I discovered that Daddy had solved the problem by suggesting that you get a FISH instead!!!
  Hmmm.  Clever Daddy, no more puppy meltdown, but now we have to get a fish?!!  Ok.  Soon I was hearing nothing but "When are we getting our fish, Mommy?"  So, off we went to the pet store.  First we picked out a little tank, pretty rocks, a couple of fake plants, filters, fish food, and a tiny castle.  Then we discovered that we couldn't bring fish home until we brought in a water sample.  That was a blow... we had to WAIT to get the fish!  In another day or so we were back, and you chose one large orange goldfish, and a smaller brownish one as well.  You've been enjoying them ever since, although I have to say, it's Mommy who does all the water changes and most of the feeding.  I think I should pass that on to Daddy, don't you think?!!

No comments: