Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Ort Farms, We Love You!

We had a big day out today with Carol, Ryan and Addie at Ort Farms in Long Valley... what a gorgeous day! And by gorgeous, I mean it was nearly the middle of October and we were all wearing tank tops and shorts!!! We had SUCH a fun time together.
The kids climbed all over the big tractor and the haystack, visited the animals, rode on the toy train AND the monster truck (only the boys were keen on this!), and we all had a fantastic hayride out to the pumpkin patch. Ort Farm is just the BEST! I also have in my notes that today a famous quote was born. I was getting groceries
with the kids, late in the day, and at one point Maddie ran quickly towards me and tripped on her way. She began to cry and I picked her up and offered soothing words of comfort. She went on crying. After a minute I turned and began to inspect the nearby jars of jam on the shelf, reaching for one to examine more closely. At this, Maddie exclaimed in a most adament manner: "Put that back, Mummy, I'm still crying!!!" I just about died laughing. Does it get any better than that?!!!

No comments: