Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Cousin Saul's visit!

Rachel and Beth have moved back to NYC, and we finally had an overnight visit in early July. It was soooo nice to see them, and of course SUPER fun for Ollie to spend time with his big cousin, Saul! When I picked them up from the train station in Dover, I couldn't believe how much Saul reminded me of Ollie, laughing at the silly chipmunk voice on my GPS, telling funny stories, asking offbeat questions. I know they will grow up to be good friends! We had a nice dinner - Andy's yummy tandoori chicken and my cucumber-grape-mint salad, and the boys all had fun putting up the tent with the promise of camping that night, but in the end we decided it would be easier (mostly for the adults) to save camping for another night. Rachel and Beth marvelled at how quiet it is out here, how peaceful (although lately I think that the chirping crickets out there every night could give the noise of NYC a run for its money!)... I'm sure when we visit them we'll marvel at how easy it is to get to great museums, events, and restaurants. We just can't wait for the next visit -- love you!

No comments: