Tuesday, August 3, 2010

What Happened to June and July?!

I'm here to report that two months have passed since I posted an update!! However, my computer died partway through that time, so there's my excuse - ha!! And you thought I was just being lazy. Catching up now, it's hard to know where to start, so I'll just give it a go. The summer so far has been marked with various trips up to Maine... we just can't get enough of it!! Maddie had her first "taste" of proper ocean beach fun - I'm happy to report that she didn't try to eat the sand, as Oliver did when he first visited Drift Inn Beach, a younger baby than her wise 14 months or so. Or maybe he wasn't younger, maybe he just liked to eat sand! He learned quickly that it wasn't yummy. Maddie wasn't too impressed with the whole "sand thing," I must say... but she's warming up to it slowly.
Ollie, as you can see, looks "wicked good" in his lobster trunks (purchased in NJ!) - I bought a size 5T in hopes he'll get two years' worth of use out of them, as cute as they are. He never gets tired of the beach, searching for hermit crabs in the tide pools, digging holes, making castles, meeting new friends, getting braver and braver in the water. Mostly it boils down to how much energy mommy has to get all the junk together and actually get us to the beach, and also how the low and high tide schedule works with Maddie's nap. Thinking back, I feel like we didn't have enough beach time yet this summer, but I guess it's not over yet.
Speaking of the beach, I would be remiss not to mention our nice trips to the beach at Lake Mohawk with Ryan, Addie, and their mom, Carol! No drama of the ocean there, just lots of fun with friends, and lots of messy sand and sunscreen. It is nearly impossible, after taking loads of photos of Maddie wearing her very first swimsuit, to decide which is the cutest shot to put on the blog! I give up, here's my best effort.

No comments: